5 Room Decorating Ideas to Spruce up Shelves
Use These 5 Room Decorating Ideas to Make Shelves Stand out!
Shelves are one area of the home that often gets neglected, cluttered, and unattractive. Poorly designed shelves can detract from the beauty and simplicity of an otherwise well organized room. If you are looking for ways to make your shelves stand out in a good way, read on for our list of 5 tips for room decorating that will help your shelves become part of your space.
- Color. Group similarly colored books together on individual shelves and match decorative items that complement them. Placing similarly hued books on shelves both horizontally and vertically will create a customized color spectrum suitable for any space. For example, pair pink, purple, and red items together
- Background. You do not have to paint the entire bookshelf in order to add a splash of color and personality. Paint the background or back panels of shelves in a dark or bold color that will attract attention in a good way. When books and decorative items are placed on the shelves, the contrast will enhance the feel of the room.
- Wallpaper. It is true that wallpaper is no longer just for walls. One creative way to spruce up shelves is to add wallpaper as a backdrop. A bold design that is creative and fun, but will not overwhelm the space provides a creative twist on traditional shelving. Black and white patterns are a popular choice for functional creativity.
- Hang Art. A unique alternative to standing photos up on shelves is to hang them on hooks from the vertical supports. Lightweight framed photos, artwork, or mirrors can easily be hung up on supports with adhesive hooks or small tacks.
- Think Size. Instead of trying to fit odd shapes and sizes on standard shelves, consider adding additional dividers and shelves to make the shelving unit more personalized to your collection. Creating larger cubbies for tall or wide books and artwork, and having smaller nooks for knickknacks and small books can provide an interesting balance that is unique to your space.
Finding the perfect balance for shelves can be difficult. Books, artwork, photos, and knickknacks often become a jumbled mess that is unattractive and takes away from the overall vibe of the space. Avoid clutter and disorganized shelving spaces by trying these 5 room decorating ideas that are perfect for any room.
What Our Clients Say
“We list all our vacant properties with virtually staged photos by VSP and we always get a contract within the first 2 -4 weeks after posting the listing along with the photos online. Other agents comment on our virtual photos and we have referred numerous agents to you all because of the success we have had with your company! “
CYNDI OHRT, Realtor | Keller Williams Realty – Virginia
“After posting the virtually staged photos I saw an increase in showings and we got my vacant listing under contract in less than 14 days! “
PAUL HERRICK, Realtor | Keller Williams Realty – Massachusetts
“The unfurnished townhome we had listed had been on the market for 4 months until we decided to engage in virtual staging. I had the townhome professionally photographed and then had the photos virtually staged and they were so realistic. We had a binding contract within 2 weeks after posting the virtual photos!”
ERIC BROOKS, Realtor | Wydler Brooks Real Estate – Virginia
“My vacant property listing sat for about 3 weeks on the market and after posting the virtual photos by Virtually Staging Properties, I saw a 50% increase in buyer traffic and we got an offer just 1 day later. The buyer’s agent thought virtual staging was a great idea and was going to consider using it for their vacant listings.”
TARIQ THOMAS, Agent | Thomas Holding Group – Pennsylvania
“I was thrilled with our virtual photos cause we got an offer just 5 days after posting the photos online!”