5 Room Decorating Ideas to Spruce up Shelves
Use These 5 Room Decorating Ideas to Make Shelves Stand out!
Shelves are one area of the home that often gets neglected, cluttered, and unattractive. Poorly designed shelves can detract from the beauty and simplicity of an otherwise well organized room. If you are looking for ways to make your shelves stand out in a good way, read on for our list of 5 tips for room decorating that will help your shelves become part of your space.
- Color. Group similarly colored books together on individual shelves and match decorative items that complement them. Placing similarly hued books on shelves both horizontally and vertically will create a customized color spectrum suitable for any space. For example, pair pink, purple, and red items together
- Background. You do not have to paint the entire bookshelf in order to add a splash of color and personality. Paint the background or back panels of shelves in a dark or bold color that will attract attention in a good way. When books and decorative items are placed on the shelves, the contrast will enhance the feel of the room.
- Wallpaper. It is true that wallpaper is no longer just for walls. One creative way to spruce up shelves is to add wallpaper as a backdrop. A bold design that is creative and fun, but will not overwhelm the space provides a creative twist on traditional shelving. Black and white patterns are a popular choice for functional creativity.
- Hang Art. A unique alternative to standing photos up on shelves is to hang them on hooks from the vertical supports. Lightweight framed photos, artwork, or mirrors can easily be hung up on supports with adhesive hooks or small tacks.
- Think Size. Instead of trying to fit odd shapes and sizes on standard shelves, consider adding additional dividers and shelves to make the shelving unit more personalized to your collection. Creating larger cubbies for tall or wide books and artwork, and having smaller nooks for knickknacks and small books can provide an interesting balance that is unique to your space.
Finding the perfect balance for shelves can be difficult. Books, artwork, photos, and knickknacks often become a jumbled mess that is unattractive and takes away from the overall vibe of the space. Avoid clutter and disorganized shelving spaces by trying these 5 room decorating ideas that are perfect for any room.
What Our Clients Say
“I only post virtually staged photos by VSP for my vacant listings and it is an excellent service instead of having blank rooms for buyers to view online.”
MARTHA MAY, Realtor | Koenig & Strey – Illinois
“The photos were beautiful and certainly gave life to my vacant listing and within the first week after posting the photos and the listing online, we got 4 offers and a full price offer was accepted. Thank You!”
ANNMARIE DEL FRANCO, Agent | Blackstone Properties of CT – Connecticut
“After posting the virtually staged photos I saw an increase in showings and we got my vacant listing under contract in less than 14 days! “
PAUL HERRICK, Realtor | Keller Williams Realty – Massachusetts
“Your virtual staging product is sensational! The efficiency condo I had listed was in a community of 60+ units for sale and had no offers. After posting the 3 virtually staged photos of my unit, I got an offer within 5 days and beat out all the competing units listed in the same price range. Thanks for a great job!”
SUE MILLER, Realtor | Re/Max of Naperville – Illinois
“You all did a phenomenal job on these virtual staging photos! Really, I can’t say enough how much I love them. They are absolutely stunning and my clients are thrilled!”