5 Etiquette Tips for Every Home Seller
Did you know that when selling your home your attitude and behavior is almost as important as the physical attributes of your home? Help potential home buyers connect positively with you and your home with these 5 etiquette tips for every home seller.
- Leave During Showings – Even though you know your home inside out (literally), it is good etiquette to leave during showings. This allows potential buyers a chance to really look at the house, and allows the real estate agent to do his or her job.
- Take Pets With You – Not all potential buyers of your home will love your pets as much as you do. It is always advisable to take your pets out of the home during showings. There are several reasons – allergic reactions, distractions, and potential messes.
- Make Sure There is Parking Space – When you know your home is being shown, make sure there is room in the driveway for potential buyers to park. It is also best to avoid parking in the road in front of your home, as this can block the view and detract from curb appeal.
- Have Important Documents Handy – Even if you aren’t there to answer questions in person, make sure you leave relevant documents accessible to your agent and potential buyers. This may include inspection reports, proof of repairs, appraisal, tax information, etc.
- Be Patient – Of course you want to sell your home in a timely manner. But remember that in real estate, patience is a virtue. Try not to rush potential buyers or seem to anxious about selling.
For more tips, visit our blog, or call Virtually Staging Properties to learn more about our services.
What Our Clients Say
“Virtually Staging Properties offers a phenomenal service! I have listings that have little to no furnishings and need to be brought to life and VSP does just that. My clients love the product and my virtual photos get wonderful internet exposure. I have sold every virtually staged home by VSP faster and will recommend the service to my Realtor colleagues. Thank You!!”
IRINA BABB, Realtor | Re/Max Allegiance – Virginia
“Love the photos! I will be your most devoted client! Thank You!!!”
PAMELA BELLLAH, Managing Broker | John L. Scott Real Estate – Washington
“The unfurnished townhome we had listed had been on the market for 4 months until we decided to engage in virtual staging. I had the townhome professionally photographed and then had the photos virtually staged and they were so realistic. We had a binding contract within 2 weeks after posting the virtual photos!”
ERIC BROOKS, Realtor | Wydler Brooks Real Estate – Virginia
“After posting the virtually staged photos I saw an increase in showings and we got my vacant listing under contract in less than 14 days! “
PAUL HERRICK, Realtor | Keller Williams Realty – Massachusetts
“We list all our vacant properties with virtually staged photos by VSP and we always get a contract within the first 2 -4 weeks after posting the listing along with the photos online. Other agents comment on our virtual photos and we have referred numerous agents to you all because of the success we have had with your company! “