5 Decorating Ideas for a Bold Rich Color
Decorating Ideas using the Color Red
Red is a strong color, and one that many people shy away from fearing too bold a statement. Numerous shades of red provide a bold, rich statement to any room. Paint, furnishings, lamps, curtains, even wallpaper can be interesting and eye catching in red. The key to successfully decorating with red is knowing how to use the color in the desired room. Read on for our five decorating ideas that will help you know exactly which red is for you.
1. Where to Use Red. Red is such a vibrant color that it is not limited to one room. Depending on the shade, however, red may be more suitable for some rooms over others. Using red in unexpected rooms, such as a library or bathroom, creates an eye catching boldness that livens up the space.
2. How to Use Red. Using red successfully depends on the overall goal for the vibe of the room. Modern inspired rooms may include bright red furniture or candy-striped red wallpaper. More subtle inspired rooms may include a single piece of bright red furniture, or varying shades of red as accessories.
3. Why Does Red Work? Red can be incorporated into almost any home or design. Red creates a dramatic, expensive feel to a room, and can be highlighted or downplayed as an accessory. Red also is a gender neutral color, so it is applicable for most any space.
4. What Works with Red? Red is a color that complements several others, including royal blue, black, green, white, and metal textures. To avoid a patriotic tone to the room, be mindful of mixing red, white, and blue fabrics together. To make a dramatic statement, complement red with white furnishings, stripes, or lamps.
5. Red Has a Downside. Even though red is applicable to many rooms and many functions, there are a few downsides to using red. One of the downsides of red is that overuse in a single room can create a busy, uncomfortable environment. Red should be used in moderation, or in varying shades that do not overwhelm the room. Red can also make small rooms appear smaller because it is so rich. Be mindful of the complements and accessories used to increase visual space.
While red is often attributed to the holiday season, many people enjoy creating a vibrant, rich atmosphere that will last for all seasons. Use these five decorating ideas to find the right red for your home.
What Our Clients Say
“Virtually Staging Properties offers a phenomenal service! I have listings that have little to no furnishings and need to be brought to life and VSP does just that. My clients love the product and my virtual photos get wonderful internet exposure. I have sold every virtually staged home by VSP faster and will recommend the service to my Realtor colleagues. Thank You!!”
IRINA BABB, Realtor | Re/Max Allegiance – Virginia
“Your virtual staging product is sensational! The efficiency condo I had listed was in a community of 60+ units for sale and had no offers. After posting the 3 virtually staged photos of my unit, I got an offer within 5 days and beat out all the competing units listed in the same price range. Thanks for a great job!”
SUE MILLER, Realtor | Re/Max of Naperville – Illinois
“The unfurnished townhome we had listed had been on the market for 4 months until we decided to engage in virtual staging. I had the townhome professionally photographed and then had the photos virtually staged and they were so realistic. We had a binding contract within 2 weeks after posting the virtual photos!”
ERIC BROOKS, Realtor | Wydler Brooks Real Estate – Virginia
“The photos were beautiful and certainly gave life to my vacant listing and within the first week after posting the photos and the listing online, we got 4 offers and a full price offer was accepted. Thank You!”
ANNMARIE DEL FRANCO, Agent | Blackstone Properties of CT – Connecticut
“After posting the virtually staged photos I saw an increase in showings and we got my vacant listing under contract in less than 14 days! “