Tips for Staging a Home with Outdoor Spaces
Five Outdoor Tips for Staging a Home
Summertime means spending time outdoors with friends and family on the patio or in the pool. Keep this in mind when you stage a home for sale in the warm months. There are many ways to stage outdoor spaces to create an inviting, engaging atmosphere.
- Remember Color, Comfort, and Cushions. Colorful cushions placed on loungers, outdoor chairs, benches, and swings create a friendly, comfortable atmosphere. Comfortable seating will draw attention to the function and appeal of poolside spaces. A little pop of color outdoors can add contrast to indoor property styling providing a visual treat for the senses.
- Step Into The Light. Trendy dome pathway lights are an excellent addition to outdoor home staging. Well-lit areas are safer and more aesthetically pleasing. Soft dome lights lining pathways, patio areas, steps, and pool spaces can also provide a soft, relaxing glow to the space that floodlights and larger outdoor lights cannot provide.
- Portable Storage. Homes lacking a permanent outdoor bar or serving area can benefit from the addition of portable storage, such as a rolling serving cart. Perfect for snacks, drinks, or a makeshift bar, rolling serving carts are the perfect way to design a room space in smaller outdoor patio or pool areas. Not only will portable storage highlight the function of the space, it will help provide a visualization of what the space can be used for.
- Think Minimal. Thinking minimal does not mean that you have to sacrifice the best quality furniture and decorations. Taking a minimalist approach to outdoor staging is a great way to highlight the function of a space without cluttering the area. Think clean lines, sharp angles, metal finishes, and a simple-yet-stylish vibe. Try a simple aluminum finished lounger with clean lines.
- Do Not Forget The Pool. Staging a home offers appeal and visualization from the inside out. What better way to provide inspiration than highlighting the sparkling luxury of an outdoor pool. Much as landscaping is crucial to curb appeal, a well-staged pool can enhance backyard spaces significantly. Luxury loungers and pool floats are an excellent way to highlight the size, shape, and functionality of any pool.
When it comes to staging, outdoor spaces are every bit as important as indoor spaces. Finding a balance between functionality and aesthetics is easy with these examples of ways to decorate outdoor spaces.
What Our Clients Say
“You all did a phenomenal job on these virtual staging photos! Really, I can’t say enough how much I love them. They are absolutely stunning and my clients are thrilled!”
SHEILA SALVITTI, Agent | Coldwell Banker Premier Properties – Pennsylvania
“I was thrilled with our virtual photos cause we got an offer just 5 days after posting the photos online!”
PEGGY RYAN-LANIGAN, Realtor | Lyon Real Estate – California
“The photos were beautiful and certainly gave life to my vacant listing and within the first week after posting the photos and the listing online, we got 4 offers and a full price offer was accepted. Thank You!”
ANNMARIE DEL FRANCO, Agent | Blackstone Properties of CT – Connecticut
“We list all our vacant properties with virtually staged photos by VSP and we always get a contract within the first 2 -4 weeks after posting the listing along with the photos online. Other agents comment on our virtual photos and we have referred numerous agents to you all because of the success we have had with your company! “
CYNDI OHRT, Realtor | Keller Williams Realty – Virginia
“I only post virtually staged photos by VSP for my vacant listings and it is an excellent service instead of having blank rooms for buyers to view online.”