Tips for Staging a Home with Outdoor Spaces
Five Outdoor Tips for Staging a Home
Summertime means spending time outdoors with friends and family on the patio or in the pool. Keep this in mind when you stage a home for sale in the warm months. There are many ways to stage outdoor spaces to create an inviting, engaging atmosphere.
- Remember Color, Comfort, and Cushions. Colorful cushions placed on loungers, outdoor chairs, benches, and swings create a friendly, comfortable atmosphere. Comfortable seating will draw attention to the function and appeal of poolside spaces. A little pop of color outdoors can add contrast to indoor property styling providing a visual treat for the senses.
- Step Into The Light. Trendy dome pathway lights are an excellent addition to outdoor home staging. Well-lit areas are safer and more aesthetically pleasing. Soft dome lights lining pathways, patio areas, steps, and pool spaces can also provide a soft, relaxing glow to the space that floodlights and larger outdoor lights cannot provide.
- Portable Storage. Homes lacking a permanent outdoor bar or serving area can benefit from the addition of portable storage, such as a rolling serving cart. Perfect for snacks, drinks, or a makeshift bar, rolling serving carts are the perfect way to design a room space in smaller outdoor patio or pool areas. Not only will portable storage highlight the function of the space, it will help provide a visualization of what the space can be used for.
- Think Minimal. Thinking minimal does not mean that you have to sacrifice the best quality furniture and decorations. Taking a minimalist approach to outdoor staging is a great way to highlight the function of a space without cluttering the area. Think clean lines, sharp angles, metal finishes, and a simple-yet-stylish vibe. Try a simple aluminum finished lounger with clean lines.
- Do Not Forget The Pool. Staging a home offers appeal and visualization from the inside out. What better way to provide inspiration than highlighting the sparkling luxury of an outdoor pool. Much as landscaping is crucial to curb appeal, a well-staged pool can enhance backyard spaces significantly. Luxury loungers and pool floats are an excellent way to highlight the size, shape, and functionality of any pool.
When it comes to staging, outdoor spaces are every bit as important as indoor spaces. Finding a balance between functionality and aesthetics is easy with these examples of ways to decorate outdoor spaces.
What Our Clients Say
“Our vacant property was listed for sale with no offers for over 90 days and after virtual staging of the photos took place, we instantly saw an increase in buyer traffic and got an offer in less than 4 weeks. The buyers liked the photos which helped them with decorating ideas for the home.”
JEANNIE THOMPSON, Agent | Long & Foster – Virginia
“Love the photos! I will be your most devoted client! Thank You!!!”
PAMELA BELLLAH, Managing Broker | John L. Scott Real Estate – Washington
“After posting the virtually staged photos I saw an increase in showings and we got my vacant listing under contract in less than 14 days! “
PAUL HERRICK, Realtor | Keller Williams Realty – Massachusetts
“I was thrilled with our virtual photos cause we got an offer just 5 days after posting the photos online!”
PEGGY RYAN-LANIGAN, Realtor | Lyon Real Estate – California
“The photos were beautiful and certainly gave life to my vacant listing and within the first week after posting the photos and the listing online, we got 4 offers and a full price offer was accepted. Thank You!”