Quick and Stress Free Holiday Decorating
9 Decorating Tips to Add Holiday Cheer at Home
The song “Deck the Halls” rings true for many Americans who immensely enjoy holiday decorating. There are many people, however, who feel overwhelmed with decorating, and yet others who do not know where to start. As Christmas draws near, try these nine easy tips for room decorating that will add style and holiday cheer in an instant.
1. Cover the Mantel. Bring the freshness of the outdoors in by covering the mantel with pine garland, candles, and fresh red and white roses.
2. Top the Tree. Instead of the traditional angel, personalize the Christmas tree with a monogrammed letter on top. Blank letters are sold at most craft and hobby stores, and can be easily painted for a finished, festive feel.
3. Hang a Wreath. Bring the holiday spirit to the exterior of the home by hanging a wreath on the front door. Use sparkly, bold colors, bells, garland, or ornaments to customize the wreath to mirror the atmosphere on the inside.
4. Wrap Gifts. Skip the classic Santa Claus wrapping paper in favor of bright colors like apple green, silver, or soft pink. Or, choose a different wrapping paper for each person you are presenting a gift to.
5. Group Gifts. Group gifts together based on their labels. Place all of the gifts for each family member or friend in respective white buckets or containers. This optimizes space and provides easy access to who gets what.
6. Arrange Candles. Use garland and glass ornaments to create a “bed” for candles. Use a shallow serving dish or platter as the base, and use multiple heights and sizes of candle.
7. Dress the Fireplace. Hanging the stockings can be fashionable and aesthetically pleasing. Choose white fluffy stockings for a cozy, snowy feel, or vibrant colors to mirror the excitement in the room.
8. Display Holiday Cards. Place holiday cards in the grooved edges of mirrors or shutters. Displaying colorful cards or photo cards are a great way to bring loved ones closer as the holidays approach.
9. Make a Centerpiece. Be creative and make a personalized centerpiece that speaks to the overall vibe of the home. Battery operated candles are excellent for the dining room table, and look fantastic surrounded by silver jingle bells.
For quick, easy room decorating, follow these nine tips for adding holiday cheer.
What Our Clients Say
“I only post virtually staged photos by VSP for my vacant listings and it is an excellent service instead of having blank rooms for buyers to view online.”
MARTHA MAY, Realtor | Koenig & Strey – Illinois
“Love the photos! I will be your most devoted client! Thank You!!!”
PAMELA BELLLAH, Managing Broker | John L. Scott Real Estate – Washington
“Our vacant property was listed for sale with no offers for over 90 days and after virtual staging of the photos took place, we instantly saw an increase in buyer traffic and got an offer in less than 4 weeks. The buyers liked the photos which helped them with decorating ideas for the home.”
JEANNIE THOMPSON, Agent | Long & Foster – Virginia
“I was thrilled with our virtual photos cause we got an offer just 5 days after posting the photos online!”
PEGGY RYAN-LANIGAN, Realtor | Lyon Real Estate – California
“After posting the virtually staged photos I saw an increase in showings and we got my vacant listing under contract in less than 14 days! “