Creative Basement Ideas That Are Outside the Box
Basements are part of a home often neglected when redecorating or staging. They are also a huge asset. Stepping outside the box to create an inviting basement space can add value to the home, and can help prospective buyers really picture enjoying the space. Here are 5 creative basement ideas that are outside the box.
- Movie Chic – If you want a space perfect for watching movies, forego the usual dark hues and leather. Instead, opt for oversize black-and-white portraits of famous stars to decorate the walls. Use neutral, plush furnishing accented by bright colors to open the space and express your creativity.
- Make it Playful – If you have kids, make your basement a family-friendly space. Shelving, baskets/bins for organizing, and playful artwork can make a basement a perfect place for the whole family to create, relax, and use their imagination. It can also showcase a hodge-podge of family interests like music, crafts, or reading.
- Groovy Appeal – For a more adult-friendly basement space, think plush velvet furnishings, upholstered ottomans, patterned carpets, and painted ceilings. Studio 54 meets retro chic is a perfect way to create your very own VIP room.
- Classic Rock – For a basement space that is both “man cave” and movie room, install LED lighting, classic arcade games, and a large-screen TV. Instead of traditional artwork, display vinyl records or music memorabilia.
- Work it Out – Another good option for an empty basement space is showcasing its potential as a fitness room. Adding mirrors to a stretch of wall and an assortment of workout gear to your basement makes good use of the space, and will inspire a healthy lifestyle.
Need more decorating or staging ideas? Check out our blog, or call Virtually Staging Properties at 877.949.9797.
What Our Clients Say
“The photos were beautiful and certainly gave life to my vacant listing and within the first week after posting the photos and the listing online, we got 4 offers and a full price offer was accepted. Thank You!”
ANNMARIE DEL FRANCO, Agent | Blackstone Properties of CT – Connecticut
“Our vacant property was listed for sale with no offers for over 90 days and after virtual staging of the photos took place, we instantly saw an increase in buyer traffic and got an offer in less than 4 weeks. The buyers liked the photos which helped them with decorating ideas for the home.”
JEANNIE THOMPSON, Agent | Long & Foster – Virginia
“I only post virtually staged photos by VSP for my vacant listings and it is an excellent service instead of having blank rooms for buyers to view online.”
MARTHA MAY, Realtor | Koenig & Strey – Illinois
“Your virtual staging product is sensational! The efficiency condo I had listed was in a community of 60+ units for sale and had no offers. After posting the 3 virtually staged photos of my unit, I got an offer within 5 days and beat out all the competing units listed in the same price range. Thanks for a great job!”
SUE MILLER, Realtor | Re/Max of Naperville – Illinois
“We list all our vacant properties with virtually staged photos by VSP and we always get a contract within the first 2 -4 weeks after posting the listing along with the photos online. Other agents comment on our virtual photos and we have referred numerous agents to you all because of the success we have had with your company! “