8 Home Staging Tips that Trick The Eye
Home Staging Trick or Treat
Sometimes creative decorating is the key to a successful home staging endeavor. Small or odd shaped rooms can be a challenge to decorate and stage, but with a few creative, and maybe a little devious, tricks, any room can be tricked into being a treat. Here are eight home staging tips that will trick your eye and treat your aesthetic appetite.
1. Curtain Rods. To add height to a room, hang curtain rods just below the ceiling, rather than just above the window. The right curtains can add height and increase the visual appeal of smaller rooms.
2. Furnishing Choice. Choose furnishings that are made of Lucite, Plexiglas, or glass, which add an element of cleanliness to the room. Additionally, these materials disappear into the background of the room, and do not add bulk.
3. Stripes. To visually expand a smaller room, add stripes to the walls or floor covering. Stripes are an increasingly popular trend to add an element of color and expansion to any room of a home.
4. Lighting. Lighting is important in any room, but especially in small spaces. Choose lighting that will bounce around the room visually increasing the size and openness of the room.
5. Walls. To add a sense of architecture and personality to any room, choose a colorful paint or inspired wallpaper to add a flair of drama without taking up square footage.
6. Hardware. Hardware that is hidden or recessed camouflages closet and cabinet doors, rather than drawing attention to them. This allows the focus of the room to drift away from the storage elements, which will blend into the vibe of the room.
7. Artwork. Hide architectural flaws in a room by adding artwork strategically placed to draw attention away from flaws. Artwork can also be used to create a faux view, such as an ornate landscape.
8. Mirrors. Mirrors are an excellent way to create light and add visual space to a room. Mirrors and reflective surfaces can also create faux doorways and windows, which add visual appeal.
Home staging is a delicate process that must combine the elements of visual appeal and functionality. Virtual home staging provides endless opportunities to accessorize rooms in a way that is both appealing, and editable. Any of these eight tips for home staging can be used when physically decorating a room, or when virtually staging a room.
What Our Clients Say
“My vacant property listing sat for about 3 weeks on the market and after posting the virtual photos by Virtually Staging Properties, I saw a 50% increase in buyer traffic and we got an offer just 1 day later. The buyer’s agent thought virtual staging was a great idea and was going to consider using it for their vacant listings.”
TARIQ THOMAS, Agent | Thomas Holding Group – Pennsylvania
“Our vacant property was listed for sale with no offers for over 90 days and after virtual staging of the photos took place, we instantly saw an increase in buyer traffic and got an offer in less than 4 weeks. The buyers liked the photos which helped them with decorating ideas for the home.”
JEANNIE THOMPSON, Agent | Long & Foster – Virginia
“After posting the virtually staged photos I saw an increase in showings and we got my vacant listing under contract in less than 14 days! “
PAUL HERRICK, Realtor | Keller Williams Realty – Massachusetts
“Love the photos! I will be your most devoted client! Thank You!!!”
PAMELA BELLLAH, Managing Broker | John L. Scott Real Estate – Washington
“The unfurnished townhome we had listed had been on the market for 4 months until we decided to engage in virtual staging. I had the townhome professionally photographed and then had the photos virtually staged and they were so realistic. We had a binding contract within 2 weeks after posting the virtual photos!”