5 Home Staging Tips to Impress Homebuyers
5 Sure-Fire Home Staging Tips that Will Impress Homebuyers
Anyone placing their home on the market for sale likely will consider many factors regarding showing the home, as well as if it will be staged or empty. Marketability is a crucial element for a successful home sale. Here are our five sure-fire tips for impressing homebuyers and improving the marketability of your home.
- Curb Appeal. When a potential homebuyer arrives at your home, the first thing they see is the landscape and exterior of the home. Taking the time to clean the exterior of the home, landscape flower beds with mulch and flowering plants, and updating exterior fixtures can greatly improve the curb appeal of your home. A clean, picturesque exterior is the first step toward homebuyers falling in love with your home.
- Imagination is Everything. One of the key components to successful marketability is that homebuyers can imagine themselves living in the home. A strategically staged home can offer potential buyers a glimpse into the size and potential of key rooms in the home, such as the living area and bedrooms. If you are still living in the home, minimize clutter and create a welcoming, fresh environment.
- Think Bright. Rooms that are painted and decorated in lighter hues offer a welcoming, relaxing atmosphere that homebuyers will connect with. Trade out dark hued artwork, lampshades, curtains, and furniture for lighter hues that balance natural light and open up the space.
- Smell is Important. You do not have to overwhelm potential homebuyers with the scent of burning candles and potpourri in order to enhance the atmosphere in the home. Carefully placed candles or potpourri should add a nice clean, fresh smell that is consistent throughout the home. Choose scents that are welcoming and not oppressive.
- Keep it Tidy. If you are living in the home, have it staged, or it is empty, it is important to keep the entire home tidy. Maintain floors and countertops, dust nooks and crannies that are often overlooked, and keep the yard well maintained. Potential homebuyers will take notice of a well kept home and will appreciate the attention to detail.
While there are many tips and tricks for maximizing marketability, these five home staging tips are sure-fire ways to impress homebuyers. These five tips are applicable for those residing in the home, as well as those who want to stage a vacant home while it is on the market.
What Our Clients Say
“I was thrilled with our virtual photos cause we got an offer just 5 days after posting the photos online!”
PEGGY RYAN-LANIGAN, Realtor | Lyon Real Estate – California
“After posting the virtually staged photos I saw an increase in showings and we got my vacant listing under contract in less than 14 days! “
PAUL HERRICK, Realtor | Keller Williams Realty – Massachusetts
“We list all our vacant properties with virtually staged photos by VSP and we always get a contract within the first 2 -4 weeks after posting the listing along with the photos online. Other agents comment on our virtual photos and we have referred numerous agents to you all because of the success we have had with your company! “
CYNDI OHRT, Realtor | Keller Williams Realty – Virginia
“The photos were beautiful and certainly gave life to my vacant listing and within the first week after posting the photos and the listing online, we got 4 offers and a full price offer was accepted. Thank You!”
ANNMARIE DEL FRANCO, Agent | Blackstone Properties of CT – Connecticut
“Love the photos! I will be your most devoted client! Thank You!!!”