5 Home Staging Tips to Impress Homebuyers
5 Sure-Fire Home Staging Tips that Will Impress Homebuyers
Anyone placing their home on the market for sale likely will consider many factors regarding showing the home, as well as if it will be staged or empty. Marketability is a crucial element for a successful home sale. Here are our five sure-fire tips for impressing homebuyers and improving the marketability of your home.
- Curb Appeal. When a potential homebuyer arrives at your home, the first thing they see is the landscape and exterior of the home. Taking the time to clean the exterior of the home, landscape flower beds with mulch and flowering plants, and updating exterior fixtures can greatly improve the curb appeal of your home. A clean, picturesque exterior is the first step toward homebuyers falling in love with your home.
- Imagination is Everything. One of the key components to successful marketability is that homebuyers can imagine themselves living in the home. A strategically staged home can offer potential buyers a glimpse into the size and potential of key rooms in the home, such as the living area and bedrooms. If you are still living in the home, minimize clutter and create a welcoming, fresh environment.
- Think Bright. Rooms that are painted and decorated in lighter hues offer a welcoming, relaxing atmosphere that homebuyers will connect with. Trade out dark hued artwork, lampshades, curtains, and furniture for lighter hues that balance natural light and open up the space.
- Smell is Important. You do not have to overwhelm potential homebuyers with the scent of burning candles and potpourri in order to enhance the atmosphere in the home. Carefully placed candles or potpourri should add a nice clean, fresh smell that is consistent throughout the home. Choose scents that are welcoming and not oppressive.
- Keep it Tidy. If you are living in the home, have it staged, or it is empty, it is important to keep the entire home tidy. Maintain floors and countertops, dust nooks and crannies that are often overlooked, and keep the yard well maintained. Potential homebuyers will take notice of a well kept home and will appreciate the attention to detail.
While there are many tips and tricks for maximizing marketability, these five home staging tips are sure-fire ways to impress homebuyers. These five tips are applicable for those residing in the home, as well as those who want to stage a vacant home while it is on the market.
What Our Clients Say
“Our vacant property was listed for sale with no offers for over 90 days and after virtual staging of the photos took place, we instantly saw an increase in buyer traffic and got an offer in less than 4 weeks. The buyers liked the photos which helped them with decorating ideas for the home.”
JEANNIE THOMPSON, Agent | Long & Foster – Virginia
“You all did a phenomenal job on these virtual staging photos! Really, I can’t say enough how much I love them. They are absolutely stunning and my clients are thrilled!”
SHEILA SALVITTI, Agent | Coldwell Banker Premier Properties – Pennsylvania
“My vacant property listing sat for about 3 weeks on the market and after posting the virtual photos by Virtually Staging Properties, I saw a 50% increase in buyer traffic and we got an offer just 1 day later. The buyer’s agent thought virtual staging was a great idea and was going to consider using it for their vacant listings.”
TARIQ THOMAS, Agent | Thomas Holding Group – Pennsylvania
“Virtually Staging Properties offers a phenomenal service! I have listings that have little to no furnishings and need to be brought to life and VSP does just that. My clients love the product and my virtual photos get wonderful internet exposure. I have sold every virtually staged home by VSP faster and will recommend the service to my Realtor colleagues. Thank You!!”
IRINA BABB, Realtor | Re/Max Allegiance – Virginia
“Your virtual staging product is sensational! The efficiency condo I had listed was in a community of 60+ units for sale and had no offers. After posting the 3 virtually staged photos of my unit, I got an offer within 5 days and beat out all the competing units listed in the same price range. Thanks for a great job!”